Lesson 10: The Rewards Of Being A Faithful Father
Proverbs 17:6 Children's children are the crown of old men: and the glory of children are their fathers.
Proverbs 27:11 Have wisdom, my son, and make my heart joyful, that I mayst give an answer to him that reproacheth.
Psalm 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Proverbs 10:1 The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh the father glad: but a foolish son is the sorrow of his mother.
Proverbs 23:15 My son, if thy heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice with thee:
Proverbs 23:24 The father of the just rejoiceth greatly: he that hath begotten a wise son, shall have joy in him.
2 John 1:4 I was exceeding glad, that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my children walk in truth.
- List some ways that faithful children are a blessing:
- to their parents: to the church:
- to society:
- Discuss the letting go process as children become of age and leave home.
- How can fathers continue to be a positive influence on their children after they are grown?
- What can a father do for a wayward child after he is grown?
- What are some tips for relating redemptively to wayward children.
- Name some good ways that children can sometimes excel beyond their parents.
- How should parents feel when children surpass them?
- How does a faithful family compliment a father’s testimony and teaching?
- What does it take for a father to reap the respect of his children while they are young and when they are grown?
- How much do you think memories of family life stay with an older person?
- What do you think are or will be the most treasured memories of home life?